New Nose

I don't know about you but I had a great weekend. But it was over much too fast. That's for sure.
Saturday we slept in until who knows when and then made our way out the door after much distraction to head to the beach. I finally took John to Onslow Beach in Jacksonville and he loved it. We hunted for shark's teeth and enjoyed the sun and each other. I love that beach. And it's even better with John with me.
Afterward, we hung around base for awhile (since the beach is on base) and bought some wine. When we left, we headed to a local tattoo shop to get my nose pierced. I've been wanting to get it re-pierced for awhile. I know, I know...it wasn't THAT long ago that I had it pierced. Hmm...actually no...it's been awhile. But still. I should have just never taken it out. I know myself too well. After arriving at one place only to find out their piercer was not in for the day (and completely mistaking a customer for an employee...haha confusion!), we hunted down another I had read good reviews on. On the way, we passed about 6 other shops...since Jacksonville is swarming with tattoo shops. Our GPS failed us again as we arrived at our "destination" with no tattoo shop in site. On our way back, John spotted it (completely on the wrong side of the street and not anywhere close to where our GPS thought) and we pulled over. I had a female piercer and realized...every piercing I've ever had has been by female piercers. Kinda weird. My ears, bellybutton, tongue, nose, and nose again all done by women. And really, they've all been great. I was very impressed with my piercer at this place (Unique Ink Tattoo) and might look into getting a tattoo done there if they're work looks decent. I never really got a chance to look. I realized this was the first time John has been with me when I've gotten anything done. That may have been his first time in a tattoo shop also. He helped me choose my nose ring color...you can't tell in this picture but it's turquoise. After that we went to dinner and headed home to watch Sherlock Holmes since he hadn't seen it yet.
Sunday we slept in again and did some cleaning and purging of stuff we didn't need. John went through our filing cabinet a.k.a. the BLACK HOLE OF DOOM and weeded out crap that didn't need to be in there. We also emptied one of his foot lockers from Iraq which I was SO happy to do so we can use it to store stuff. Love organization. In the evening, John grilled pork chops and I made some killer stir fried broccoli. I gotta say...together we make quite the team of chefs.
Here it is Monday...tell me this...why do daily vitamins make me feel so SICK if I don't eat before I take them? I even ate before this one today but it wasn't enough...feel nasty. Hate vitamins sometimes.
While trying to fall asleep last night, I went to write something down for my story in my phone and found a whole section I forgot I wrote. It never ceases to amaze me how much of this story just FLOWS without me even remembering writing it. Just when I think I'm stuck, something new appears that I forgot about. So crazy. I need to dedicate some serious time to writing...soon.

Comments

Popular Posts