Good Reads

I never thought I'd say this but...I've grown to really enjoy working out. Which is the strangest thing for me since I've always loathed it. But John has taught me how to create a routine that doesn't absolutely kill or bore me to death. And it works. And I've seen improvement. I really couldn't be happier. :) I want to be healthy and fit and have a strong heart.
It's Friday...and I've been on PINS AND NEEDLES ALL WEEK waiting to hear some news. I can't/won't say what it entails or details but...keep your fingers crossed. It's going to be good. NO, I'm NOT pregnant. So chill out people.
This weekend, unlike all the others it seems, I have nothing planned. Which is kind of exhilarating. Time to work on projects and get stuff around the house done. I'm excited. There's something great about cleaning up and organizing. Kinda sucks before you actually do it or while you actually do it. But when it's done, it makes me feel great.
I am hopefully getting my school's early advising done after work. I'm nervous for whatever reason. I think at this point anything school-related is going to make me a little nerve-wracked. But it has to get done. I think I'm settled on an Associates in Fine Art. But we'll see how I feel once I actually start.
It's FRIDAY!!!!
Oh THAT'S what I was going to write about. I finished a book yesterday. It's a book I've been working on for...about a year actually now that I think about it. I bought it the day John deployed and I think I started it that night. I had a hard time really getting into it. I felt like the writer was trying to be too eloquent...and I wasn't entirely sure about the storyline; how it made me feel. So it's been very on and off. But...I decided to really try to finish it the other day. I've been sitting out in the sun during my lunch so I decided to read to pass the time and I FINALLY got through it. And I gotta say it got a LOT more interesting and intriguing the more I got through it. It's called The Stolen Child and it's by Keith Donohue. And it's about identity...in a round about sort of way. Definitely an interesting read and much more thought-out than I originally anticipated. I'm really glad I finished it. I am now starting The Host by Stephanie Meyer (author of the Twilight series). I was told this book was EXCELLENT by a friend. So much so, she read it twice. So far, I'm liking it. But too early to tell HOW MUCH. We shall see...either way I'm happy to have some good reads. If only I could plow through my own book at the same pace.
Photo: Julianna Lee found via Examiner

Comments

robayre said…
I assume you will be talking about this with the counselor, but just a heads up: at least here locally, my old professor told me about how they started offering an Associates of Fine Arts as well, but they advise all their art students not to pursue it because it doesn't transfer like an Associates of Art would. So, if you ever plan on going to a four year, an AA would transfer smoothly and you would automatically have all your main classes out of the way and you could just focus on your degree classes, but if you get an AFA you might still end up having to take all sorts of math, science and english, etc. all over again. It's fine because you can still get an AA and take plenty of art classes that you like, they will just transfer over up until a certain point (only so many hours over the expected AA degree)
Ohhh good call...yeah I wondered about that. I will be sure to ask them about that. Thanks for the input!

Popular Posts