You Don't Know How Lovely You Are

Tomorrow I am seeing a band I've wanted to see for roughly 8 years. I first discovered Coldplay in Thailand of all places during one of the many conferences my parents had to attend. I usually would stay in the hotel room and watch Thai MTV for as long as it kept me entertained. And since a lot of it was on loop, that didn't last long. On one of my MTV watches, I saw an interview with Kylie Monogue. She was praising a band for their creativity but every time I saw this interview (on loop), I always missed the part where they said the band's NAME. They then would play a clip from one of their songs and it said "Oh no, I see...A spiderweb is tangled up with me." About a year later I finally discovered who it was and immediately grabbed their album 'Parachutes.' I've been in love ever since. It's been a long, lovely relationship and the thought of actually seeing them live is pretty surreal. A lot is surreal it seems these days.
Coldplay says so much for me and my life. I hear Coldplay and so many memories come back. Some bad. Mostly good. But the bad ones don't ruin the music. They just remind me of how far I've come and grown. All the while with Coldplay as my soundtrack. Old heartache, old friends, old dreams that still linger and become new dreams. Seeing bands like these is like seeing old friends...I think if I ever met some of these bands that mean so much to me, it would be difficult to not feel like I already knew them because of their influence on my life.
The line up of bands before Coldplay are amazing as well. I didn't know either of them before last week but I looked them up on the internet and was hooked instantly. They're great. They're Elbow and the other is Kitty, Daisy & Elliot. One of my best friends got to see Coldplay around the time of her birthday this year. And although she still denies I introduced them to her (you know it's true), I thought it only appropriate that we see it the same year. And going to concerts during John's deployment doesn't sound like the worst idea either.
Oh yeah...and I still fully intend on writing about my trip with John to Virginia and Baltimore. I'm really not just saying that!

Comments

Popular Posts