Beanie Baby

Beanie Baby got fixed this last week so the cone of shame has graced our home once more. She hangs her head most of the time (after all, how shameful!) and acts like the cone is too heavy...even though it isn't. I think she enjoys looking pathetic for the attention. Thankfully her surgery was obviously not as serious as George's (no eating sharp plastic objects) so she didn't have to be confined to a small room. THANK YOU LORD!! I seriously don't know if I could have handled that again. It was wearing me away hearing George cry. However...Beanie in a cone comes with her own challenges. Namely...her Houdini skills. If I didn't already mention it, Bean is amazingly good at magic tricks. You think she's in drawer A and she's actually not in any drawer at all. Or you think she's in drawer B and she's actually in drawer C and seconds later when you go to take a picture of her in drawer C, she's no where to be found...without ever opening the drawer. She's quite talented. When she was a wee kitten at the animal shelter, we had just picked her out and a worker went in to get her to put her in the carrier with George. George was an easy catch. Bean...not so much. Little Bean, the runt of the entire establishment, sent 4 adults on a wild goose chase down the hall, myself included. Every single person that got a hold of her fumbled. (Cuz she's slippery like a little fishy!) Somehow, out of sure luck, we got her. I'm still not entirely sure how we captured her. Maybe she let us. But it wasn't easy. And every time we go to the vet, the vet has trouble keeping a hold on her. She's just a tricky little girl. Well...the cone has been no different. To date, she has gotten out of it SEVEN times (for those of you who may have heard a smaller number, YES, she has continued to do it). I have to say I'm a little proud through my annoyance. It is pretty impressive for a baby kitten. Especially since it is pretty tightly secured on her including knots in the string that secures it. So...I don't really know how she does it. But she does it well. Thursday, this all will be over. I look forward to that. I look forward to babies being back to normal. Although they're getting big...soon they won't be babies at all!

Comments

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular Posts