Rough

In the process of loading a business' site while working, the banner froze half way through the business name reading 'Psychotherapy Ass.' Nice.
The past few days have been rough. They've contained several big long cries and lots of lack of sleep. But I've survived and today looks more promising. I started my day with Jacob's Well playing...which always seems to put a positive note on my day, not matter what happened. I got a card from John today and somehow it got set aside and I got distracted by work for several hours before I actually opened it. I was very happy when I did because he had said we would talk this morning and it looks like his internet never came back on. So I was a little sad. The card contained two more postcards along with the card itself and every scrap of open space contained hand-written words, just for me. This, RIGHT HERE, is most likely my favorite thing (one of the only favorites) about deployments. I love letters and cards and notes. Opening them always feels like receiving a present or finding a surprise to me. Which I LOVE. I also love it when it's obvious he spent some time writing them because it doesn't just feel like a rushed "hello."
It's funny. For being as strained as a marriage is naturally by the effects of separation and deployment, I feel like ours contains some of the biggest joys...more than many couples who never have to experience separation. It's unexplainable aside from that cliche phrase: distance makes the heart grow fonder. It is beyond true when both parties are working with all their might to dote as much love as possible on the other over such a vast distance. It's amazing really. Only a God could create a love that survives such opposition.
I found my image today by googling 'Sistine Chapel Hands.'

Comments

Popular Posts