Secret, Secret

Have you ever had a surprise/secret that you're DYING to tell but can't? I'm in that position right now. So I decided to blog about it. Even though I can't actually tell what it is still. For fear of someone finding out and then the recipient of the surprise finding out. Sigh...back to square one.
I did end up telling a coworker because I just had a feeling she would be a safe secret-keeper. And I was right. And MAN it felt so great to finally tell someone. :) I'm such a tease, I know.
I've always been a huge pin-up fan. I've always said I should have been born in the 20's so I could be a flapper or a pin-up model. There's just something about pin-ups. Yes, they're sexy and often scantily-clad but compared to today's standards, they're much more modest than the norm. Which is sad really. I feel like there's two extremes now. Either be a complete slut or be a complete prude. And the thing is...being a woman isn't either. It's being both in the right situations and in moderation. Now I don't mean be a slut, it's okay. Cuz it's not. But there is something about a woman's nature that is supposed to be mysterious and seductive. And there's nothing wrong with that. It's the way we're made! There's also the innocent side that doesn't want to be stared at for the simple reason of just being a female. It has to be weighed out in the right portions to avoid the slut/prude stereotype/extreme. I feel like sometimes girls are afraid to be just that: GIRLS. That's one of my favorite things about Gwen Stefani and No Doubt. She sings about being a girl and doesn't apologize for it.
After years of being insecure, I'm starting to feel right in my own skin and enjoy being a woman. If I ever have a little girl, I want to give her this confidence. I don't want her to go through the identity crisis like I did. Your surroundings really do contribute to how you view yourself and my mom not always having the best self-esteem contributed to me not having good self-esteem. I'm going to break that cycle.
And that, in a way-off-topic-sort-of-way, is the only hint I'll give about my secret.

Comments

Neek said…
ummm I want to know a secret...
Neek said…
NOW, NOW, NOW, NOW, NOW. :)

Popular Posts