Morning Madness

Today is my first of three photography classes. I am terrified to be perfectly honest. The truth is...I don't really know what I'm doing...hence the class. So really I shouldn't be terrified...because my fear is everyone else will know what they're doing and I won't. However...that's absurd. But that's the marvels of my mind for you.
I find myself compelled to reference where I found the photo above. I did a keyword search for vintage camera and found this at this blog. The blog is quite fun and I love all the graphics and images shared there. Totally ran into it out of the blue. Hopefully someone will enjoy it.
Last night was my first bad night since John left. The kitties decided to play...until around 2am. Then I cracked the whip and made it clear that I wasn't messing around and they WOULD spend the remainder of the night in the bathroom if they didn't shape up. So they finally did.
My personal computer has decided to play the virus game. Which has me annoyed. Especially since most of my photography is on there. So...I'm in the process of trying to debug it. But it currently is at a stand-still which has me a little concerned. Oh brother where art thou when I need you??
I made a very wise move last night and busted out two boxes we had in our garage titled 'Christmas Ornaments.' I've learned that those titles cannot be trusted as one box was titled 'Mat' and when I opened it (it was almost the size of me) there was a mat about as big as my arm...and then the entire box was full of other random crap completely unrelated to mats. So...I busted open the 'Christmas Ornaments' boxes (I've been missing some decor items that I really want to put up and KNOW I packed so I'm suspiciously searching for them) and sure enough there was a tiny box of ornaments and then a bunch of other non-Christmas items. I'm thrilled to be making progress and to find things I forgot I had! Now if only I could find that decor item...
Oh yeah...and Note: If it wasn't already obvious, I didn't title the boxes. The military movers did. I can see how the story unfolded of our move by reading the boxes and inspecting the contents. A few boxes in the beginning are neatly printed and quite descriptive of the contents and rather thorough. Further through the day, the boxes got more and more vague and confusing and start only referring to ONE item in the 60 pound box. So...it's been an interesting adventure unpacking. My favorite are the boxes that say something illegible on them in an angry "screw-this-crap" scrawl and we open it to find just that: crap. Lots and lots of randomocity (NOT MINE, MIND YOU! I threw out all my crap before I had to move all my stuff to John's house...) of doom. The best was when I found the empty jelly donut box. Complete with jelly donut smear. Luckily there were no ants or bugs or rotting donuts. No one wastes a donut. The question is...where'd it come from? I don't even think I've ever bought an actual BOX of donuts in my entire life. Hmmm...suspicion continues.

Comments

Popular Posts