Post

I used to miss reading other people's blogs. This week, I miss reading my own.
I've done exactly as I was told to do when it came to deployments: stay busy. So that's what I've done. This entire week, I've filled all of my free time hanging out with Monique. And it has been great. I miss John...but it's nice to not find myself sitting home all depressed. I've begun writing him letters every night. It's a nice way to recollect what I did that day and share it with someone who will appreciate the mail. And I truly love mail. There's just something entirely timeless about letter writing. I don't think it will ever fade out of style. At least...I hope it never will. I found some old stationery that I almost threw out before I moved...but decided to keep for such a time as this. It's all from China and it's all very cheesy and I love it. I know John will too because it's very...ME! I hope he starts receiving my flood of letters and post "love" soon.
I once found a poem about letters that I loved. I don't remember it exactly. I'm sure I have it somewhere but it went something like:

The postman loves a girl who sighs for a sailor. Everywhere the sailor goes he sends her empty letters adorned with beautiful stamps. The heartbroken girl gives them to the postman who treasures them as letters from her own hand.

Comments

Popular Posts