Bread + Cheese = <3

After drowning my sorrows last night in a large chunk of brie cheese, some mozzarella, lots of bread (one of my comfort foods...and can you tell I like cheese?), and a bottle of Bass, I felt better. I was instructed by a good friend to contact my FRO (Family Readiness Officer). One is assigned to each squadron to help with times and situations such as mine. He got on it right away and said the problem SHOULD be resolved within 24 hours. If not, we will work through it but it's great knowing I have someone to help me HERE, not all the way in Iraq, and someone who's dealt with this insurance for YEARS. He's a retired Marine. So...today looks much brighter than yesterday. I got to talk to John yesterday evening for a little while and then I spent the evening alone with my beer and cheese and bread and Ugly Betty Season 2 episodes. It was a much needed ME time. I have enough beer in my fridge to sink a small ship...and I'm honestly not sure what's going to happen to it. I keep meaning to go across the street and offer some up to my neighbors. I was glad I actually drank one last night. And NO I did not buy it all. That would be John.
Today I feel much more hopeful. I was woken by damp kitten noses and lots of purrs and dreams about going to college with my cousin...and for once it wasn't a nightmare.
This time tomorrow I will be getting ready to pick up my cousin from the airport! I am VERY excited. And it definitely still feels surreal. It will until I see her. This weekend will be good, I'm thinking.
Side note: Let me just say...I love getting comments raving about our superb customer service in Tech Support. Makes me feel like I'm good at my job. :)

Comments

Popular Posts