Treasure

I was surprised with treasure in the mail on Saturday morning. Treasures from afar. Crete and Portugal to be exact. ;) John's care packages arrived. I was so excited but was very careful not to excitedly tear them open as he specifically told me to NOT open them until we could talk on the webcam. So he could see my reaction to everything. So cute. I was good and didn't even peek. That night, after many adventures around Goldsboro and Wilson, we finally got to talk and I got to open my packages. I was tickled pink with everything and he was tickled pink at my reaction. So it was a fun evening. He really overdid himself. All together he got me: olive oil body butter (and I must say the Greek's know their body butter) and face cream, several amazingly cool silver charms (I wanted a charm from every place he goes if possible...so he got me 4!): a turtle, a disc with the name of where they were along with a flower, a whale with a little praying man inside its mouth (Jonah!) , and a glass pendant, several pairs of silver earrings and 1 clay pair in the shape of flowers, two fridge magnets of Crete, two booklets of pictures of the area they were, a string of beads with a coin on the end (something traditional and specific to the area and culture...people carry them around and spin them around to occupy their hands)...and I know I'm forgetting something...oh yeah a glass wine cork. I may be forgetting more but you get the picture. He got a LOT. The packages were small in size but huge in quantity. I just kept opening and opening things and giving him dumbfounded looks like "How much did you get me??" I finally asked him "I hope you got some treasures for yourself...?" and he assured me he did and said "I ate food!" Boys.
I can't even say how much it all meant to me. Really made me feel special and loved that he was thinking about me that much and looking for things for me. Despite a rumor I heard that others teased him about taking FOREVER to shop. I love you, John.

Comments

Popular Posts