The Goat Herders of Jacksonville

It's definitely been an odd weekend. In fact, I think most of the times that Monique and I hangout end up being very ODD. Friday we drove to get my car looked at. My dash lights have been out since the Coldplay concert and my tail light is out as well. We took it to the mechanic that Monique goes to and were disappointed to find the place closed at 4:30 even though it was supposedly open until 5. We were discussing what we should do since we had two cars when a car drove up and honked at us. Inside was an older man on the phone. He honked a second time and waved at us. Finally he got out of the car and off the phone and explained he owned the building and the guy who was the mechanic had been unreachable for several months! They were about ready to break the locks and clear the place out to rent to someone else cuz he just was very unreliable. So...from there we stopped at Jiffy Lube to see if they'd just check my fuses. They did and they were sound. They also tried to change my tail light but a new bulb didn't make a difference. So they said it must be an electrical issue. FINALLY, we headed to another shop near our houses and dropped my car off. I got a call Saturday that it was possibly the entire fuse box that was the issue. They had to wait until this week to do anything because only a Chevy dealership would have the part they need. So...I've been carless. Saturday, I was woken up by their call. Then I was woken up a second time by the mowers. They FINALLY arrived to do my lawn! The days they said they'd come, it poured buckets. After getting my lawn done (and I must say it looks beautiful) we went to Greenville to hangout and check out a tattoo joint. We checked one on Friday too but it was NOT up to par. We were pretty impressed with the one in Greenville (Skin Grafix Tattoo) and will most likely get our touch-ups done there. I'm excited. :) We hungout the area most of the day and then headed home. On our way home we were behind 4 crotch-rocket riders (motorcycles) whose riders were not at all learned in the way of motorcycle riding. They spanned over about 3-4 car lengths and switched positions throughout the ride home, making passing them literally beyond impossible. They also crossed the yellow line several times, slowed down to under 15 under the speed limit every few minutes, and to put icing on the cake...most of them were much too large to consider riding a motorcycle. So we were just WAITING for them to topple over or wipe out. It was a stressful ride home. After Monique dropped me off I did a little work on making collage bottles for my Etsy shop and Pretty Much LiQi Designs blog. It felt SO good to be creative again.
Sunday, we went to church (I dressed up which I haven't done in AWHILE. It felt good to be pretty again. Hehe) and ran into our friend Lindy! So we all sat together. After church we ran into two girls that I had met a few Sundays back and we all went out to lunch along with another girl I hadn't met before. We went to Morgan's which was really fun and then me and Monique went to Jacksonville after changing at home. On our to Dunkin Donuts for some ice tea, we passed three goats in the road! Two were babies and one was the mother. They seemed frantically trying to get back into their pen. The babies somehow scrambled under and over a fence to get in but the mom wasn't able to which made her even more frantic. We pulled over and tried to guide her to a small opening she might fit through but she was too frantic to get to her babies. All three were bleating and crying, trying to get back together. It was very sad...and I was worried if we left her, she'd get hit. We ended up going to the fire station around the corner just to let them know so they could call animal control since we didn't know the number. They gave us looks like we were complete hippies but we didn't care. Good deed of the day: check! When we drove back down the road where we first saw the goats, we didn't see or hear them at all...so hopefully mom got to her babies safely. In Jacksonville, we spent about an hour in Ulta (similar to Sephora) only to walk out almost completely empty handed. Monique succeeded. I got a mini hair straightener that was on clearance that I've been meaning to get and a lipstick. Just because. After having her pick up about 12 things saying "Ohhhh look at this!" and me replying "Oh I have that!", she decided we should get together and do make-overs. So we're grown ups. Who cares? We can still play make-over. Both days, we've graced our car-rides with my new Elbow CD. It's marvelous and awesome and we both DIG IT. I can't wait for John to hear them.
When I got home, I did some more bottle collaging which was great. I completed 4 in total. 3 still need several coats of sealer but the 1st one is 100% done! I'll post it in my store and on my creative blog very, very soon.
All in all, a lovely weekend. Only downside was I missed two calls with John. But I DID get two letters in the mail from him which TOTALLY made my day Saturday. One had three postcards from Europe in it and the other was a normal letter. It definitely brightened my weekend. :)
Today we have been married 7 months. I love you, John.

Comments

Popular Posts