I Need A Beer...

Above is the new love in my life. It has more back support than I know what to do with, it swivels, it's made of cushy terry material, and it is the only thing that went right this afternoon. And not even that.
After work, I took the kitties to the vet. The vet visit went fine and the kitties did awesome. No fussing, took their shots well, etc. etc. Couldn't be happier. Then hell manifests itself. I hear a sound on the way home. Not a good sound. Bean has explosive diarrhea. In my car. Thankfully none of it got ON my car except a little splatter on the door (yes, I'm going graphic) and both kitties were extremely distressed at being covered in...umm...yeah. Crap. They were both given shots and medicine and I think it didn't settle well with her. It wasn't her fault and I felt terrible. I rush home and try to frantically decide what to do. Take them inside and possibly get poop everywhere...or somehow clean them out in the garage. Clean them out in the garage. WRONG. Didn't work so I ended up running with both of them struggling in hand to the bathroom and plunked them in the bath. They were not pleased but I somehow cleaned them off and got them out and somewhat dried them. I remember thinking at this point "Wow...I still am keeping pretty positive even though crap is hitting the fan!" Little did I know what else would befall. When we first gave the cats a bath when we adopted them, they got super cold afterward because they take awhile to dry and a towel isn't enough. So I set up a heater for them. I thought of this this time around too and thought welll...if I put my hair dryer on LOW...it won't be loud and it's just as good as the heater without having to dig it out of storage. WRONG. The cats freaked, Bean bit me (twice) and so I had to somehow clean myself up and keep from bleeding anywhere and get the heater. I am still not sure why I didn't just say "Ah screw it. They'll dry without the heater." But whatever. They were both very shook up by the hair dryer that they didn't want anything to do with the heater. Fail. I then went outside to somehow figure out what I was going to do with the poop covered cat carrier. I hosed it off the best I could then wiped it down with Clorox wipes and sat it out to dry. I come inside and collapse. Then I get a doorbell ring. My office chair arrived!!!!!!!!! I quickly get to work putting it together despite my attitude slowly going to the pits. And then wham. My finger gets crunched between two pieces. It didn't break the skin but it's bleeding/brusing under the skin and nail and looks pretty nasty. That pretty much was the straw that broke the camel's back. I lost it. I just sat there and cried and cried and cried and cried...but I'm stubborn like my grandma so I struggled through tear-blurred vision and sobs and got my chair put together. Annnnnnd this blog post would be Rough #3 for the week. I know it all sounds retarded...but...when it all builds up, those little things are the things that take you down. Not the big stuff. Then you feel like a moron when you're blubbering to yourself "I tried my best...I tried my best" (Dane Cook quote? Anyone?)....sigh............so that was my day in a nutshell. But you know? I got through it. I'm now relaxing in my office chair...at the kitchen table...drinking a beer. My kitties are relaxing and (mostly) dry. My finger has stopped throbbing (mostly) and the others have stopped bleeding. John isn't home yet. I have a few minutes to just breathe. And maybe drill a few things. Hmm...maybe that's a bad idea. P.S. I put up two more sets of curtains yesterday. I rock.
P.P.S. Harp...I heart you.

Comments

Rebekah said…
Aww. welcome to motherhood. Sorry it involved so many injuries for you! Our furbabies are a good prep for real motherhood I hear...I'm with you on the poo story - have had many of those ...actually woke up to accidents in the crate the last two nights....ick. Sigh. Its all worth it, right? ;)
Hehe yes it's totally worth it...but man...sometimes it's just like...NO! NO MORE POOP! When I clean up messes like that I just keep thinking "this is what mommies do, this is what mommies do..." but there's just something about animal poop that's so much nastier than people poop. Maybe it's just me. Hehe...

Popular Posts