These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things...

Today I made drip coffee for the first time...well...since Washington. (I love how the above picture is blurry...since that's how my normal morning vision is anyway.) No wait, that's not right. Since living on base before John left for Arizona for a month before we had a house. Fun times. It turned out much better than I was expecting (it was quite hideous on base even though it was MY coffee and it shouldn't have been hideous...unlike John's Kona Hazelnut DEATH coffee that smells like smoking pipe tobacco which I like the smell of...but not when it's oozing out of a mug) and somehow tastes just like when my mom would make it in China and add some almond flavoring. Mmm-mmm. Makes me feel all warm and homey inside.
I finally found a new wallet. Mine has been splitting at the seams (literally...and that's not because I'm loaded) for ages and I've been eyeing wallet after wallet but they all seem to say "NOT Rachel's wallet" on them. I thought the exchange would have a nice selection. Wrong. They had 2 kinds. I didn't even SEE guy wallets. Sad, sad world. Anyway...I finally used my brain and thought "Hey...ETSY would be a great place to get a wallet!" So I looked and ran across Bespoke Uprising. In a word? Love at first site. I had trouble CHOOSING a wallet because I loved all the prints and the design was just awesome. I finally settled on this gem and ordered it. I got it in the mail yesterday and squealed (been doing that lately) when I opened it. I love the burlesque print on the inside. I love the paper airplanes. I love the overall material. I love the space. I love, love love, everything about it. Goodbye crap ripped wallet. Hello lovely new canvas hand-made supporting-artist wallet! Despite being woken in a grumpy mood, I think this weekend is going to be good. I'm hoping to get some creativity time in there and maybe just maybe set up our bonus room a bit more so I actually feel inclined to use it to create things. Yes, these are kitten toes. Had to throw that in there. I said 'these are a few of my favorite things' right?
In other news...my new Fossil watch died. I believe it's the battery. I'm kind of unimpressed. But I'll get it replaced and let's hope that's all that's wrong with it. Hope hope hope.

Comments

roisin said…
hey Rachel!

I'm glad you like it as much as I do, and so very happy it's got a great new home. and kitten toes? those are great!
roisin

Popular Posts