How Does Your Garden Grow?

I've never been one to have a real good green thumb...as I've blogged about before. I've usually left that to my parents. Especially my dad. He just naturally nurtures plant life without much effort at all. However...North Carolina seems to have turned a new card for me. First I got some Hydrangeas. And they've absolutely taken me in as their adopted mother and flourished beyond anything I could have hoped for. Then we got a little bit bolder and bought some vegetables as well as seeds for other things. A colorful (I am hoping when they actually show themselves) variety of bell peppers, tomatoes, lavender, eggplant, two kinds of sweet potatoes, and radishes. I've been bugging myself for days/weeks to go out and document or at least capture their growth if nothing else. So today, I did just that. I hope you enjoy. The above is my lavender just barrrreely showing itself.The beginnings of a pepper! Eggplant bud. More peppers. A different variety. I think I have 4 varieties. One of my sweet potatoes. My other sweet potato. Radishes! I was SO delighted to find this today that I squealed and ran inside to get John. I didn't realize any of my peppers had sprouted beyond buds yet. Tomato flowers. My pink hydrangeas. My blue hydrangeas. This is a really rare breed of plant called a fur bush. Kidding. Here's my baby George playing. And Beanie Baby! John went running today and ran across this snapping turtle. He came home and brought me back to him so I could say "hello!" I just had to admire his lovely shell. He wasn't real thrilled with me.

Comments

Popular Posts