Stress Driving

I stress out easily sometimes. Not all the time. But when I do go into stress-mode, it's always about the dumbest things. I have the nastiest habit of calling my mom to find something on the internet and then directing us on how to get there. By car. Right now. My mother is quite tech savvy...but even she can't keep up with my husband's crazy driving or my impatience (working on that one). So I've had many a break down over the phone regarding directions and the lack there of for places I should already have directions figured out for...and the lack there of.
Tomorrow we're meeting some friends in Raleigh that I haven't seen in years. Friends that lived in China. One of which was my teacher for 5th and 6th grade. Soooo...I'm very excited. But somehow stressed as well. See, we don't know Raleigh and they don't know Raleigh and I'm "concerned" they will want us to direct them to wherever we're going to meet. I know one thing: no calling poor mom.

Comments

Rebekah said…
haha. When it comes to driving in NC, I'd say you have reason to be stressed. We got lost a bunch of times when we were there! The streets just don't go in any sort of line and they change names...good luck!!!
Grumpy Groom said…
Well,we just got back from the other Carolina -- South -- and managed to avoid getting lost. But that's because we pretty much traveled only on one road, 85, and never veered off of it.

But I can definitely relate to your stress. My Bride to Be and I do not always travel well together. I have a lousy sense of direction and she's not the best navigator. Which can be a sketchy combination. We came very close to arriving late to a funeral in Tukwilla b/c we were so busy going back and forth between our GPS and Yahoo maps, that they cancelled each other out and we just got plain lost.

Popular Posts