The Fit

I actually hate the above saying because it's a load of crap. But...I liked the graphic so...:)
I had an interesting experience this weekend that I almost forgot about. We've been trying a new church that's held at the local community college. I think we're going to stick with it. Near the end of the service, the pastor asked for prayer for a woman who was in tears. Her husband was just sent off to boot camp. The pastor asked if there were any military wives who could come and pray with her. Without even thinking, my hand went up and I headed for the front. It kinda hit me...I guess I just didn't really think about it. But this title is still new to me. But I feel like I've quickly learned to embrace it. You find yourself with so many titles: daughter, friend, wife, asian, american, white, egg (ask me), multicultural, artist, missionary kid, tck, christian, girl, woman, caucasian, brunette, or as my husband likes to say...LiQi-esque. There are so many titles that make you YOU. But not just one makes you who you are. It's the combination. And 'military wife' is one that is probably the newest to me.
I was honored to be able to be a strong shoulder to cry on, a means of support for a complete stranger experiencing separation I will soon taste for myself. I hope to do more. Be a bigger support to other girls in this squadron. Show them that we can and will survive this as much as it sucks. I'm not afraid. In fact, I feel more prepared than I thought I could be. God has really provided. I know I just have to keep my focus on him. That's it.

Comments

Popular Posts