When in doubt...

One of my mom's frequently used sayings (especially when I'm cleaning my room) is 'When in doubt, throw it out." I normally live by this saying. But after this recent move, I find myself mourning some losses that I wish I could have prevented. I think an asterisk should exist after this saying, noting "Also consider how much time you've put into what you're throwing out and let that weigh into your decision." I'm a huge music lover. I have more CD's and DVD's than anyone I know and have transferred them all into large, mammoth CD cases. However, for years I've kept the slipcovers and art work of every CD I've owned and at some point (I don't remember when...) I alphabetized them into a large box. Now that I'm getting into recycling art projects, I'm thinking "OH GOODIE! What a great resource! Even just to make my own collage to enjoy myself..." and then I remember...I tossed the whole thing during packing/moving mode. I know it's all just paper and slip covers, lyrics and pictures...but I'm kind of heartbroken. Which is just one more reason why I am trying to come up with creative ways to recycle...a.k.a. my collage bottles in my Etsy Shop. But it stings! All that artwork! All that resource! What I could have used it for instead of adding to all the trash out there. And that wasn't trash! I'm kind of ashamed I got rid of it...but at the time I was glaze-eyed and in pack/throw-out mode and was struggling to keep motivated...which brought my mom's saying to work. "When in doubt, throw it out." I wish, wish, wish I had thought about this "throw out" a little more before I took action. But now I know. Sigh...

Comments

Popular Posts