Grow Up.

I was just engaged in a conversation with a friend who proceeded to tell me that the Navy is better than all other branches of the military and Navy wives are better than other military wives. Is she trying to tell me I will fail as a military wive because my husband isn't in the Navy? Is she trying to tell me my husband sucks for being in the Marines? No idea. But from any angle you look at it, I cannot see any way that any of this could have been meant in a friendly tone.
But here's my take:
Suck it. If it's going to come down to the elementary tradition of "my daddy can beat up your daddy" arguments, no one can have an answer to that until they decide to MAKE your dad try to beat up my dad. In other words, as soon as the US government gets bored enough that it decides to sick its own on its own, no one can literally say "this is better than that" because...unless I am completely mistaken...I THOUGHT we were all on the same team. And we (SHOULD) have better things to do than have hissy fits about who's better. I did grow overseas though...so I could be completely clueless on how PATRIOTISM works. If the fine print says "stab your fellow American in the back with any opportunity to do so" than I guess you've got it down pat. But frankly, from an outsider's perspective now inside: GET OVER YOURSELVES and quit SHAMING your ancestors by fighting over petty crap.
And to you friend...What? Do you expect me to agree with you and take your side and not stand at my husband's side and be proud of him and what he does? Grow up.

Comments

Popular Posts