12 Gauge

I am now the proud owner of a 12 gauge shotgun. The show, although small, proved to not be disappointing and I quite enjoyed my first gun show experience. We bought 4 things: a hamburger, a questionably PINK hotdog, some fudge and a 12 gauge shotgun.
I've only shot one gun and I have no idea what it was. Some kind of rifle I believe. I've always loved guns. I always loved computer games with guns like CS, Unreal Tournament, Halo, etc. (Now don't go assuming I want to shoot people, moron.) When I first saw the Matrix, the minigun Neo shoots from the helicopter into the interrogation room that Morpheus is in made me drool. There's just something incredibly cool about certain guns. But there's the obvious danger and there's nothing that makes me more uncomfortable than someone reckless with a gun. You can never be too careful when handling a gun. I do not condone stupid/irresponsible people owning, having, or using guns.
Anyway...we went to the gun show and John had been wanting to get a shotgun for some time. We narrowed one down (not pink) and he was very careful to make sure that it was a comfortable fit for me and that I liked it as well. We haven't taken it to a shooting range yet (almost did yesterday with friends) but we will soon.
The rest of the weekend was good. John made his first ribs on the grill last night which turned out AWESOME. I made a kick-ass salad (didn't think salads could be kick-ass? they just got that way) and we had an awesome dinner. I also participated in Sew, Mama, Sew!'s May Giveaway and chose a winner last night. I was stoked with the turn out and participants as well as the positive feedback I got about my giveaway item. Check out my creative blog, where all of this took place, by clicking the white 'Pretty Much LiQi Designs' button to the right of this post. I've been working on some prototypes of items I will be launching in my new Etsy store shortly. I think they turned out decent. I'm stoked and can't wait to get that going. So keep an eye on that blog for when my Etsy store launches. It will be soooon.

Comments

Popular Posts