I feel so overwhelmed because I feel like I have SO much I NEED to write about but don't even know where to start or if I should write it all in one post or many. Sigh...I'll just begin.
Today is my dear friend's birthday. Happy 25th, Erika! I was delighted to be invited to her party (a French inspired picnic including singing, dancing, and being merry over all) even though I live a country and a half away from her. I truly appreciate being remembered, friend. I hope your picnic and day in general is LOVELY and overwhelmingly joyful.
I started reading a book last night that so many people have recommended to me: The Shack. The coolest thing happened while I was reading. I was kinda freaked out by the story and being alone and suddenly...it's like I could see God's army around me. Not literally see...but it's like I could see them...subconsciously. I can't really explain it. But it was SO comforting and made me feel so much better about John deploying. It also made me realize...I haven't been able to see or feel the presence of a guarding ARMY in a long long time. It used to be a constant thing I just KNEW was there. But it's like I lost site of that protection. I'd tell myself I was protected but I didn't feel it and I couldn't see it. Now I feel like I can. If that makes sense. It's hard to explain.
And this book...I can't even tell how how amazing it is. It is so refreshing and insightful and just...breath-taking. I lost count of how many times I just gasped at a new revelation the more I read. I ended up reading until 1:30am when John got home from his night flight. Definitely a gripping book. I hope to finish it tomorrow. Maybe tonight.

Comments

Popular Posts