Verna

This is definitely a continuation of my post a few days ago called 'Rough.' This week has definitely been an emotional rollercoaster. Yesterday was definitely the peek. I got word that my Grandma may have had a stroke but no one knew for sure. She was headed to the Emergency Room. I took the liberty of letting a few of my cousins know that I knew wouldn't have heard anything yet. And then I waited. Waiting with that sort of news sucks. Especially during work. I almost took the rest of the day off but my wise friend advised me to wait it out and see what happens. I finally got word after work that she was fine. No stroke. Praise God. She had most likely passed out because she was very dehydrated. They would keep her overnight in the hospital to keep an eye on her but she was on the mend. This is after a succession of little incidents with my Grandma within the past few days. So...the whole family was pretty shook up. But we're so glad she's okay.
My Grandma is one of the coolest people you will ever meet. She's 90 years old (and likes to write poems on her birthdays about what age she's turning) and still lives on her own...and uses email. She got her ears pierced for the first time when she turned 80. She's an incredibly creative artist and my mom claims I got all her talent (and it skipped her generation...shut up, mom.) She never got to wear her wedding dress because her and my Grandpa had to get married in Reno during the war due to him being shipped out in the military sooner than they expected. Her dress was yellow. Both my Grandma's on both sides were built like old fashioned super models, with perfect hip, bust, and waist ratios. My Grandma was kicked out of her parents' house when she was 18 for being a Christian. She had tuberculosis as a child. She mothered 4 kids, one of which is my mom. She's taught most of her life. At a camp, art class, Sunday School, you name it. She is an unwavering example of faith. She is one of the funniest most stubborn people you will ever meet and we all love her to pieces. Thanks for being okay, Grandma. Now quit partying it up.
And I don't know what's with the car...I thought it was funny since that's her name.

Comments

Grumpy Groom said…
Your grandmother sounds like an amazing lady.

Popular Posts