The Water

I've begun to wonder since I've been a long time blogger (well...define long-time...) whether or not I've used the same title twice. I kinda doubt it since they're all pretty random...but I still wonder. Hmmm...I feel like I've used this one...I should check. Nope, haven't used it. Good.
I went to the fair this weekend. And it was great. There were five of us and we had a wonderful time eating, riding rides, eating more, rides, eat, ride, etc. We also explored a bit...but somehow we never saw any animals...except a little pony at one point. I kinda wanted to do that...maybe next time.
I began keeping a short list of quotes by my friends that made me laugh...here it is so far:

"There could be a whole world of shadow breathing water people after you..." -Damien

"You mean...you can deface money? And it's fun?" -Michal-anne

"When I grow up, I wanna have boobies!" -John

"I can't wait to get my fro-ball cut!" -Nicole

John- "This song has a really cool sitar part. You know...that Indian instrument...oh here it is!"
...
Me- "John...this isn't a sitar. In fact, it's not even remotely Indian...It's a fiddle!"

I don't even know why but these made me laugh.
I dreamt a coworker (that I don't have...figure that one out...) sent me an ABC article...about me...about my death. It said I drowned when I was 6 in China. It was really strange. Obviously I knew it wasn't true...and I could remember the incident (even though in the waking world, it never happened...)...but I never drowned. I woke up with the song "The Water" in my head by Feist. Ahhh...now I get it. Drowning? The Water? See the connection? That's kinda creepy my mind made that connection in a dream-state. Hmmm...strange things...strange times.
I leave you now with the lyrics to "The Water."

The telegraph cables hum
And few can decipher who the message is from
And it deliver it quietly
Cause some don't get much company

The harbour becomes the sea
And lighting the house keeps it collision free
Understand the lay of the land
And don't let it hurt you
Or it will be the first to

The water, the water
Didn't realize
It's dangerous size
The mountain, the mountain
Came to recognize
It's a steep and rocky sides
More than realized

Pale as a pile of bones
You hope for your babies
And this is how they grow
Wind-battered, knocked over
The teeth by the shoulder
Watching the grey sky
That's acting like a good guy

The water, the water
Came to realize
It's a dangerous size
The mountain the mountain
Came to recognize
It's steep and rocky sides
Came to recognize
It's steep and rocky sides
More than realized

Comments

Popular Posts