"Bleating" Love

I learned yesterday that "bleat" is not a regular word in most people's vocabulary. And yes, it IS a word.
This weekend was great. Went to the bridal show and it was full of bridal things...which is to be expected. Only thing that was a bit confusing was...there were ZERO cakes. Odd.
Friday night we watched Be Kind Rewind which was...well...AWESOME. Great movie. I cannot stop quoting it and giggling about it. I am a huge fan of Jack Black because he is a spaz and I can relate to that...better than most people think. He seems to always play an underdog which I dig. But it is Jack Black humor so if you can appreciate that, watch it. If not, don't. But you are missing out cuz you just don't know what you're missing...if that makes sense.
John drug me up a mountain yesterday (you know I love you) and it seriously kicked my BUTT. BUT...I must say it WAS worth it. I've never been up such a high mountain before (I think) and it was seriously the most beautiful view I've ever seen. Ever. Really. Mt. Ellinor. Very beautiful. I'm definitely feeling it today but I'm surprisingly awake for not getting much sleep. Mt. Ellinor is the sort of mountain that you can go to the tippy top, literally. Which gives you a full panoramic view of Washington. It's actually rather breath-taking. And what makes it even cooler...is wild mountain goats live at the tops of the mountains. I think (aside from the beautiful view, of course) the goats were my favorite part. There were at least 12 of them, several mothers and their babies. The babies did a lot of bleating (hence my previous comment on the word) and the mothers/fathers played "king of the mountain" on a rock near us, bucking each other off and claiming the highest point. It was very...wild. It felt like we were the first people to ever witness them in their element even though we weren't. But that's how it felt.
I have to warn those of you who know me well...the picture at the end of this blog will be a bit of a shock...but if nothing else, it shows how much I love John. Which is a lot. A LOT.
Yes...that is really me wearing a hat. Yes...a hat. A wide-brimmed hat at that. Impressively shocking, isn't it? For those who don't know me, know that I wouldn't have been caught dead in a wide-brimmed hat about say...hmm...10 months ago? So...yeah...I've changed a lot. And I've learned the wonders of shade and lack-of-skin-cancer. Not to mention the fact John cares about whether or not I GET skin cancer. So if nothing else, that is a good reason to be paste-y colored the rest of my life: My man cares about me. What more could I want?

Comments

Popular Posts