Writings...

I have a problem. I realized while cleaning out my storage and room and throwing away old stuff that I have an addiction problem. I excessively buy sketch books. And I don't really draw as much as I used to so I have...piles of them laying around. I buy them without even realizing I already have 6 others that are mostly empty.
I had some interesting memories return to me while cleaning last night. I found a fortune from a fortune cookie that said "A distant romance will begin to develop" that I am pretty sure I got right before I met an ex who lived...well...a distance away. I found papers I had written while at University that I have zero memory writing. I remember most of them...but one or two...I wondered if I had somehow picked up someone else's paper but sure enough...my name was on them, clear as day. It's a strange thing to not remember that. But that was a very difficult time for me so it doesn't surprise me. I just usually remember SOMETHING about it.
I found old stories I had written, poetry, and a 3 person story I did on a plane to Beijing with my two friends Melissa and Shelly (it's where you start the story and write a paragraph and then the next person continues it and so on and so forth...). I had to sit down while reading it because I was laughing so hard. Man...I miss you guys.
Anyway...it was an interesting night full of memories: some good, some bad, some old, most old, a few new...some I'd rather forget altogether. But thankfully I was able to throw out three bags of crap I didn't need or want anymore...and I feel like a burden was lifted from my shoulders. Which I dig. Happy Friday guys...

Comments

Popular Posts