Sia Friend

There are certain famous (or almost famous) people that I feel a deep connection with and when I get their newsletter or run across something about them in the news, I feel as though we're friends and I get the same excitement I would at seeing my best friend in the news. Ok...maybe not THAT big of excitement but I still go "OH! That's so cool! Oh yeah wait...you're famous...and we don't know each other..." But I usually ignore that last part. My friend was talking about how she wished she was friends with a lady whose blog she adores. After reading someone's blog or newsletter for so long, you really do begin to feel like you're friends and you're just digitally sitting on a couch together, laughing over coffee and tea. For me, Sia is one of those people. She makes videos about little events in her life and on tour and after watching them, I feel like I was part of that event...which is probably the whole purpose she makes those videos in the first place. Which I dig. One of my favorite things Sia does on tour is she sets up a page on her site where you can request songs for her to perform at different venues and then dedicate them to people. When we saw her in February, she dedicated a song to a girl in the crowd whose friends had made the request online. It was quite possibly the cutest thing I've witnessed in a large crowd. They (Sia and the girl who was being dedicated to) were both so excited about it. She has one of those quirky, funny personalities that makes you wish she was your roommate. Around Christmas time she made a Christmas tree out of scarves...and old piping she found at a dumpster...I love creative people. Sia, will you PLEASE be my friend?

Comments

Popular Posts