Seducing the Heart <3

Adele..."Chasing Pavements"...my coworker told me to listen to it, said the video was a little too deep for her (hehe...I love you Katy!) but the song was her new favorite song and I'd love it. And I do. Watch it here. I love new music. And Adele is definitely good new music. The video is definitely different...but it's definitely my style and I connect with it. Visual art speaks to some people and seems pointless and dumb to other people. It all depends on what it is too. This is just one of those things where...I can see what the creator of the piece was thinking and I totally appreciate how they presented it. Very creative...odd but creative.
I'm in the mood for creative yet chill music with genuine, clean, crisp, and moving vocals. So I'll share Feist with those of you who don't know her already. Yet again...an odd video...but a good song. Watch it here. Feist is...well...hmmm. An old, old friend of mine posted a bulletin on myspace with some of his favorite music videos on it. One of them was Feist. It wasn't the video I just refered you to (really...you should go watch it anyway...) but it was great and I just loved her voice and style. Still haven't gotten her CD...need to do that.
One more singer who has a special place in my heart...maybe two...hmmm. First we'll do Regina Spektor. I don't remember how I ran across her but I did...and I instantly fell in love with "Fidelity." Watch it. Again, she's creative, different...and very, very relaxing. Next is Nerina Pallot. Again, NO idea how I ran across her. I think I was looking at random bands on Myspace and their pages led me to other band's pages onto other band's pages until, Voila, I found Nerina and listened to her song "Idaho." I like some of her other songs but "Idaho" is definitely my favorite. Watch it here. She reminds me of some other singer I used to listen to years ago whose name I cannot for the life of me remember. Natalie something? I forget. Either way...she's good. And if you haven't taken the time to watch/listen to these songs while you've been reading this (even just LISTEN to them, forget the videos...do something in your room while they play...), you're lame and you need to listen to them NOW. So do it. A good group of creative girl musical artists will do you good. I promise.

Comments

Popular Posts