Maple Memories

This image brings back so many memories...very foggy memories...of before I moved to China. Back when I lived in Vermont. Somehow maple syrup and maple trees are still a part of me even though we didn't live there very long.
This is how they get maple syrup. They tap maple trees, like IVs in hospital patients. I remember going to a Maple Syrup farm and they would serve you a little bit of fresh hot maple syrup in little cups. I burned my tongue and just wanted some water...afterward I wished I had kept my cup of syrup. That's one of my earliest memories. Not the earliest though. I think the earliest is in our kitchen in our house in Vermont. I don't remember much beyond that I was in the kitchen...and Caleb carried our cat Della to me and she scratched me. That's all.
I think I will always have a subconscious love for Vermont. I love the colorful trees and the rolling hills of them...I love maple syrup. With a passion. I love old barns and farms and animals. You can find those things other places but not like they were there. Hopefully I'll go back someday. This is the town I lived in from 0-4 years old. My dad's former law office is the building in the shade of the tree to the right of the two brick buildings close to the grass. It's two down to the left from the church.

Comments

Popular Posts