Dear Editor, A Complaint...

I loathe unnecessary noise. In fact, I think it goes beyond loathing. It's more like a skin-crawling evil that I must stop at all cost or I might rip someone's head off...with my bare hands. Yes...not a pretty mental picture. I know I go overboard with my hatred for noise...especially noises involving the nose and mouth. For example: excessive coughing, sniffling, snorting, smacking, etc. etc. etc. I'm aware I shouldn't be annoyed. I'm aware everyone else deals with it and it's not a big deal. But that's the thing. It grates my nerves raw to the point where I shake because I am SO friggin angry. If these things are going on, I can't think of anything else, can't work, can't concentrate until I do something about it. Either stop the noise or block it by blasting music at max volume into my head. All of this could be avoided by two things: 1. If I could get a handle on this pet peeve of mine...or 2. (and this is the main thing...) IF PEOPLE WOULD FREAKING LEARN THEIR FREAKING MANNERS.
Ahhh...*sigh*...now that I've gotten that out for the day...my complaint has been voiced. I'm done for now. Hey...sometimes you gotta let it out.

Comments

so. i know we've had this conversation before. we share the same disgust over unnecessary noise. i A-FUCKING-GREE hands down that it is painfully unnecessary. and i believe we are on the WAVE length when it comes to the coughing. which also makes me HATE the fact that i have started smoking again b.c i am filled w.excessive phlegm once again. and EACH & EVERY time i come back from smoking & end up coughing i panic b.c i dont want to be one of those annoying coughers. i try ridiculously hard to get it ALL out at once so i dont have to bother others. as far as the other noises. the unncessary coo's and hmmm's and oooh's & mm hmm's are right up that same alley. THAT noise is right up the same alley w.excessive dog barking & weed whacking & leaf blowing. those THREE things are my LEAST favorite sounds. i too want to rip someone's head off w.my bare hands. i feel terrible that i let it get to me sooo bad but i just can NOT help my level of irritation w.these repetitive sounds. so my friend. i am RIGHT there w.you & DO plan to quit smoking so i can get rid of my excessive phlegm to attempt to be as quiet as a mouse once again. or for the first time. depending.

Popular Posts