Teeth

I have been very fortunate to never have had a reason to fear going to the dentist. In fact, as a kid I usually thoroughly enjoyed visiting the dentist. I loved the little cup they let you swish with. I loved the little mini sink they had you spit in after you rinsed. I remember going to one dentist that would ask you to produce the dirtiest penny you could find. He would then polish the penny up until you could almost see your reflection in it. Then he'd say, "This is what we're going to use to polish your teeth!" I always thought that was the bee's knees.
Today I had my teeth cleaned. The hygienist said that whatever I was doing to keep my teeth clean was working and to keep doing it. She admitted she was a little nervous at first when I couldn't remember when my last cleaning was. But she said my teeth were in great shape. She didn't have a little cup for me to swish with...but she did give me orange cream-sicle flavored fluoride and a flower when I left.
I kind of <3 my dentist.

Comments

Popular Posts