Routine

I dreamt my parents and I were staying in a bed and breakfast type retreat where four girls had been raped and murdered. My brother chose it for us because it was very famous and historic...but WHY we'd want to stay there on vacation is beyond me. I remember being SO creeped out there because it was almost like a fort and there were tons of trapdoors and hidden passageways and I felt entirely exposed...like someone was going to jump out at any second without me realizing it. And the thing was the murders hadn't happened THAT long ago. The killers were still alive and were believed to be living locally. I don't know what was historic about it at all. Some books had been written on the story and then the location itself had been turned into a memorial for the girls who had been murdered. So why people were allowed to RENT it was beyond me.
It was creepy.
I'm kicking my routine in the butt this morning and getting back on track. After one innocent facebook post (evil facebook) about being tired went viral and everyone jumped on the bandwagon that I was pregnant, I decided I needed to prove them wrong by 1. taking a pregnancy test which as I already knew was negative (HA!) 2. and getting up early and forcing myself to do my normal morning routine again - breakfast, bible reading, vitamins. Check. I feel a lot more awake because of this...maybe it's the vitamins. Maybe it was the spiritual interaction. Not sure. Either way...it is good. And I feel good. Despite creepy dreams.
Sidenote: George developed dreadlocks on his back. Yeah. I know. SICK. It was the weirdest thing because I pet him constantly and never noticed it until a few days ago. I SWEAR they weren't there last week which leads me to believe he got some substance on him that made them knot up. They were just too weird. After trying to work them out with conditioner and shampoo and a very heavy duty fine pet comb and brush, it was clear they were NOT coming out. So into the tub he went. He was not a happy camper. He also got his "locks" cut off entirely so he will most likely have a close-to-bald spot. Poor guy. He's very wary of me this morning.

Comments

Popular Posts