FL Vacation: Rohn and Jachel: A Co-Written Blog

For the first time ever...I have the utmost pleasure of announcing my first co-written blog with John. A whole 800 years after my last blog about our vacation. I know. I am awesome. Deal with it. I am super excited about this. John knows this. But before we get started, note that I will be writing in pink and John will be writing in blue. Ready? Go!
Monday met us with bright skies and bushy tails (...?) as we headed to Epcot (like my face?). This park promised us a much larger area to explore.
And I knew Rachel's feet would fall off by the end of the day.

And so right he was. But we'll get to that later. Our first destination after a
rriving was Soarin', a sort of flight simulation where you are suspended in chairs in front of a giant screen. It was one of my favorite rides by far. One of my favorite things about Disney rides and parks is they put so much detail, detail, detail into everything. They add blasts of wind during this ride so you feel like you're really flying over the landscapes they display below. It's pretty incredible. Afterward, John ushered me over to the Mars Mission ride. Which was a whole different story when it came to levels of "enjoyment."
The only thing I mentioned to Rachel before we got on was that two people had died on this ride.
Lovely.
It was probably not the best thing to tell her before the ride but I did explain that those who died should not have been on the ride and had serious medical conditions which should have prevented those people from riding in the first place. It's Darwinism at i
t's finest. They had two options: the lame non-motion ride or the awesome ride which was a weak version of a centrifuge similar to what we use in flight training. Short of signing a legal wavier and taking the Presidential oath of office, there were tons of signs and verbal warnings about who should not ride. I could tell the lawyers were sucking the fun out of Disney. After a while I started to think "maybe they're really gonna shoot my ass to Mars" and that I wasn't really at Disney but on some huge rocket pad.
I got the same feeling. Especially when (we just debated which character it really was and failed) the actor Gary Sinise from Apollo 13 started briefing us...anyway about the ride...
So once you got past all the legal disclaimers and warnings we finally got to the ride itself. They strapped us in. Each person was given a mission responsibility like being the pilot or engineer, etc. It involved nothing more than hitting one of two flashing red buttons. If you were too slow or still holding on for dear life as you felt your head swirling around like you've never felt it before then the computer would override and do it automatically.
There were four people to a compartment and the computer prompted John and I to push our buttons while spinning around wildly and we pushed them. Then the last two people were prompted but they failed to push their buttons so the computer overrode them. John turned to look at them and the woman was hanging on for dear life, putting all of her will power into NOT tossing her cookies. Shortly I started feeling icky and John turned to me and laughed...and then realized he just turned his head in a centrifuge. Not a good idea. Long story short (more like long story long...sheesh), we came out of there feeling pretty gross. On our way out, we heard some little kids telling off their parents for taking them on that ride saying "Next time I'm riding on your lap! That wasn't fun!"
I didn't feel gross!
Okay I guess it was just me. And everyone else that went on that ride. But you did say you were dizzy after that...
And then I laughed at the mere mortals...mwahahaha...we didn't even pull two and a half G's!
*roll eyes* I think I would have felt a lot better if we could have seen out of our compartment. There was no window and you were pushed up against a screen. So...you couldn't even see that you were spinning or anything so...it was just...ugh...my stomach is turning just thinking about it. NOT a fan. NOT recommended.
After that little adventure, I was fired up but Rachel wasn't feeling good so we sat on a bench for several minutes...
...while I rocked back and forth in the fetal position. Kidding kidding...
...until the Jamina
tors (a musical group dressed as janitors) showed up and took her mind off of her churning stomach. Speaking of stomach, we ate lunch at the Coral Reef, a restaurant that's literally inside an aquarium. We enjoyed watching all the fish and sea creatures swim past while we ate. Rachel was tickled pink when she saw her sting rays and later saw a sea turtle taking a nap.
He was soooo cute!!!!! And one of the sting rays was trying to wake him up. I love that I just assume it's a 'he'. Moving on then...
We set off to explore the world!...or at least the miniaturized Disney version of it.

Surrounding the World Showcase Lagoon (a lake in the center of Epcot that John and I just raced to find the name of...I won. BOOYA GOOGLE!) are various miniaturized sections of the world. Each one has some of the architecture and building replicas that that country is famous for and even has employees from those countries themselves so you really feel like you're in Europe when you visit the France, Germany, or Great Britain displays. During our exploration, we found Snow White's wishing well. We had an awesome time touring the different countries and enjoying food (wine in France...I know! Alcohol in Disney World!) and treats from around the "world." The coolest thing (to me) about the different countries other than their awesome replicated buildings and settings was the overall background sounds and music as well as the smells. It literally seemed like they were pumping different scents in each section so that you smelled clay and sand and heat in the middle east. It was crazy. Don't forget about the China display!
Yes, I was also stoked about the China and Japan displays...but that's for obvious reasons. Inside the China Temple of Heaven, we got to listen to live Chinese music and then watch a really awesome 20 minute movie on the different regions of China. By the end of the day...no...not even the end...half way through, my feet were killing me.

We were going to stay for Illuminations (the firework display at the end of the night) but since it had already been a long day, we saved that for another night and headed home...
...because our feet were dying a slow and painful death.

So...did you have fun co-writing a blog?
Yes.
Do you have anything else to say?
No.................Get me dinner, woman!
He's kidding. We already ate dinner. Hahahaha...
You can make me some more dinner, woman!
Again, he's kidding. Or IS HE??
There's starving people in China!
He really does adore me though.
I like you :)

To be continued! No really!

Comments

Popular Posts