Testing, Testing

Well I survived my placement tests! They were yesterday afternoon and went pretty flawlessly. I didn't do wonderfully on math but did awesome on English. I already knew I'd have to take a math class so I'm not really upset or anything. I did run into a tiny glitch though...which could turn out to be a little more than tiny. You see, I don't have a high school diploma. I opted for homeschooling during high school because if I had stayed at the local international school, I would have had to go through 3 full faculty changes before I graduated. Which did not sound fun. In any way. It's one thing to start with one new teacher. But I'm talking...ALL the teachers. They'd all sign 2-3 year contracts and then all switch out when they're contract was up. So...yeah...anyway...no diploma. I got into a private 4 year university with a piece of paper my mom printed with my grades on it. Yet somehow the fact I got into a private 4 year university and am transferring credits isn't enough for my community college. OH no. They want either a diploma or that same sheet of grades from my mom. Only problem is we've moved 3 times (one being our move from CHINA to the US) since I graduated 7 (SEVEN) years ago. So...after searching through all our records, neither me or my mom can find anything resembling my high school grades. Not cool. I just wrote my previous school (hiissssssssssss) to see if they can send me a copy...but knowing their track record with me, they probably offered up my grades paper as a smoke offering to the god of stupidity. Crap. So we shall see. Please send your prayers and crossed fingers this way. I really, really, really don't want to have to get a GED.

Comments

Popular Posts