Sherlock: The Fine Diner

One very dreary bleary night, right after going to an amazingly wonderful performance which I will disclose at a later date, John and I rummaged ourselves out of the rain into a wee Irish pub-like-place on Pleasure Island in Disney World. Pleasure Island is kind of the "adult" area of Disney World and I WANT to say it's the name of the place where all the bad kids go and smoke cigars and trash buildings in the movie Pinocchio. But I could be wrong. But it seems about right. Except the trashing buildings part of course. We'd never do that.
Anyway, we decided some nice warm food would suit us nicely as it was VERY cold and windy and rainy and horrible outside. We ordered some foodies and huddled in a corner and I did my best to suck all of John's body heat from him (which is wonderfully impossible since John is never cold...ever). And then I saw him.
Sherlock.
Just when I think my Sherlock adventures are over, poof! He reemerges once more to my delight. If you missed my other Sherlock saga, click here. Sherlock and I have a long wonderful history and although I thought his sightings would be limited to Washington state, I was surely wrong.
So there I was, sitting happily with my aching feet, shivering body and warm husband (as well as warm food) and I spotted Sherlock. I immediately took a photo to prove it and knew a blog would follow because...well...duh. Blogging Sherlock is my thing. He sat happily on his stool/chair, happily eating his fish and chips. And surely, if Sherlock Holmes had a favorite food, it would of course be fish and chips. It's just too perfect. After awhile, he toddled to the counter, ordered another basket of fish and chips, and returned (I kid you not) chuckling happily to himself. He may have even sung a happy refrain. I'm not sure. I was too indulging in giddy shock and stalkerishly gawking at him to really pay clear attention. But regardless...we learned a few things about Sherlock today, now didn't we?
1. Sherlock enjoys Disney World. Then again, who doesn't? Besides crabby parents, of course.
2. Sherlock's favorite food is definitely fish and chips.
3. Any old man with a cute scruffy beard and funny hat can be mistaken for Sherlock...but that's besides the point.
4. MY version of Sherlock is of course slightly different from the actual story of Sherlock Holmes. If you read my blogs on the matter (which can be found my clicking the link I mentioned above), you'll see that my version is kind of a mix between Sherlock Holmes and Colonel Mustard from the Clue game. Yes. Clue. You know you loved that game. Everyone loves that game. Ms. Scarlet in the pantry with the candlestick. Doh! The worst was reading the file and finding you were only off by one clue.
ANYWAY...to rap things up. I was extremely giddy to see Sherlock again and HOPE to find his southern version down here in North Carolina. We shall see...yes, yes we shall see...
After our sighting, we wandered to a nearby cigar bar, my first time in a cigar bar, and ordered some fine drinks and each got a cigar. Sherlock's sighting had me in high spirits and had I been offered a pipe, I probably would have tried smoking it just for his sake. What is Sherlock without his pipe, I ask? But my cigar was lovely and so was our company. We enjoyed talking to a lady named Susan who had some wonderful drink/cigar pairing suggestions. After that we called it a night and what a wonderful night it was. It's not every evening you get to watch Cirque du Soleil and then have a Sherlock sighting. Woops! :) More to come...

Comments

sokaley said…
Oooh, I saw Cirque du Soleil here in San Francisco and it was a terrific performance. (I saw OVO) Did you love it?
Omg yes. We saw La Nouba and it was FABULOUS!!!

Popular Posts