Dining Out

Since our guys were deployed over the Marine Corps Birthday (thus forfeiting our Marine Corps Birthday Ball), we were given a Dining Out which is the equivalent of a ball. If you know me and really any other military spouses (normal ones at least...wait...I'm not normal), you know that we like balls. Wait. Let me try that again. lol
If you know me and most other military spouses, you know that we enjoy GOING to BALLS. There we go. That'll do. *blush* So we were all thrilled to hear we'd get to dress up fancy for a party and didn't completely miss out with the guys being gone and all.
It was definitely an awesome time. Only downfall was we never found the professional photographer to get photos taken. So no one will ever see my entire dress. Because no one ELSE took any pictures of it. I was one of the few that remembered my camera. Sad because it was lovely and I looked quite ravishing. Oh well...another day, another ball. Some other year. The only other downfall...I learned an important lesson that night: after drinking, don't smoke cigars. It's okay to have AN drink (yes, that was intentional improper grammar) and a cigar...but DRINKS plural and a cigar? No. No, no, no. I am still paying for that one. Just don't do it. Trust me. Thank you again, Jen and Steph, for checking up on me to make sure I hadn't passed out anywhere.

Comments

Popular Posts