Makeup Review Weekends

I've decided, after two years of complete randomness, I'm going to do something regularly in this blog. Yeah I know. Shocker!
Let me present: Makeup Review Weekends. I chose Weekends as opposed to Fridays seeing as I will not always want to do it on Friday. Call me a bum, I know. Hehe...but regardless...if my blog about cleaning out makeup didn't already tell you enough, I love makeup. I practically collect it as a hobby without realizing it. And in a way it is a hobby. Makeup is just another way to be artistic and it's freaking fun to play with. Now, a lot of people might be thinking "Huh...for loving makeup, you don't wear much..." but you must remember I do work from home in my pajamas most days (trying to kick that habit...I'm down to wearing pajama pants and wearing a normal shirt...getting there!) so doing myself up isn't exactly practical or appealing. But weekends and events and just days I feel like looking nice? Booya, I have the tools and I know how to use them.
SO...I am going to start reviewing some of the awesome makeup products I have discovered along the way! Yay!
So I've heard of this brand a few times but didn't really think much of it because it is lower priced and I was worried it might be cheap.
When you've owned as much makeup as I have, you start to get skeptical about really low prices. Not all but a lot of the more expensive stuff is truly worth the money because the quality can't be beat and it lasts forever. It's worth saving up for. However, that is NOT a bash on all cheaper makeup. There's some really great low-priced brands out there that are HIGH quality, this one being one of them. After seeing this brand name mentioned a few other place, I got curious, forked out the 20 bucks and got their eyeshadow palette. Now this thing is a monster. 88 colors for $20? Um, yes please! The brand is Coastal Scents. They have several different 88 color palettes including a shimmery one and one sporting only warm colors (browns, tans, etc). I tried their regular 88 color palette. The colors are matte, highly pigmented and go on super smooth, blending well. I used an eyeshadow primer (which I will review next week!) which helped keep the eyeshadow in place but I kind of wondered at the end of the day if I needed it at all. (Might have to experiment with that.)
Now prepare yourself to be shocked: The eyeshadow never creased. This is a historic moment. I ALWAYS have eyeshadow crease...not once did it crease. I'm still kind of in shock. At first I thought maybe it was a fluke and the planets had been perfectly aligned for that day but when I tried the palette again on a different day, same thing. No creases. WOW. The shock envelopes me still. Obviously it is under some dark magical spell because lack of eyeshadow crease would surely unsettle the order of the universe. (Magical spell? Can you tell I'm reading Harry Potter too much?)
So...summary: Coastal Scents' 88 Color Palette: Fabulous product, excellent quality for a ridiculously cheap price and really every color you can imagine. If you can imagine more (you're a freak), you can always mix them which I've tried and they blend wonderfully. If you like eyeshadow, you really need this palette. Just sayin.

Comments

Kristi said…
Yay for loving make up and hating to wear it during the week! Excited that you're "doing something" with your blog! Love it!

Popular Posts