Bra Wars

This weekend flew by faster than you could say...well...something really fast. As you can see, it left me disheveled.
After running about 81 errands Friday afternoon, John and I threw dinner together and crashed in front of the TV. After waiting until almost midnight for John's dad to arrive (he was visiting for the weekend), I decided I needed to hit the hay. After reading a wee bit of Harry Potter, I zonked out. I woke up a few times to John's dad's voice in the kitchen chatting with John but soon fell back asleep. Without really meaning to, I provided the "boys" with quite a bit of male bonding time. I had originally planned to get out of their hair Saturday night so they could enjoy a cigar and scotch together but...during my father-in-law's stay, they had a lot more time than anticipated. Which is good for both of us. They get their father-son time...and I get a lot more stuff done. ;) Saturday flew by much like Friday evening and before I knew it, a baby shower, shopping spree, cookout and painting session later, it was once again bedtime. Sunday was definitely the strangest day of the week. I found myself in the ER at the local hospital for the third time in my life. (The first I can't remember because I was two...a story I shall share one of these days...and the second was for my mom.) But this visit was not for myself. My dear friend Lauren was extremely sick over the weekend and found herself very dehydrated by Sunday. She was given two bags of fluids in an IV. Steph called to see if I could stay with her and drive her home as Steph had to babysit, so I skiddadled my little self over there and hung out with her until it was time to go. As it turned out, I had a lot of time to fiddle with my new blackberry replacement phone and figure out some features I didn't understand before. One being the memo pad. After talking about writing my book with Lauren, I got inspired to write some on my phone and subconsciously named a character after the brand of hospital bed she was lying on. Go figure. It was strange. I didn't even realize it. I was rereading what I wrote and then looked up and did a double-take at the bed's name.
Before long, the IV bags were empty and we were ready to go (but not before about a 20 minute wait between changing the bags, 20 minutes for the doctor to come in to check on her, 20 minutes after the bags finished for the nurse to come and remove the IV...etc etc etc. So much for that nurse call button). I carted Lauren home but not before getting some Peach Iced Tea at Sonic which made her feel a lot better and a prescription for her. After getting home, I slugged around the house and continued my quest online for the perfect bra. I am on a mission. I have been for several years. After ordering 7 (SEVEN) bras last week that ALL failed to fit correctly, I decided Victoria's Secret and I are breaking up. It's just been a rough relationship and although I still love their underwear and stuff, their bras just aren't doing it for me. I'm tired of ordering my size (and I've been fitted...I KNOW the sizing is right) and it still not fitting. It doesn't even TRY to fit. It's just pathetic. So...we're over. And don't even get me started on their bathing suits. Cute as can be, they might fit their miniature/emaciated models but I'm sorry...I was not built for the "small, medium, large" sizing system in the chest. And "one size fits all" is laughable. In all areas of life. It NEVER fits all. Never, I tell you. To all you ladies who wished you had giant boobs, please don't. And you may think "well it's easy for her to say..." But believe me. It's really, really not fun realizing you can't fit entire brands of clothing because of your chest. And every cute sun dress suddenly makes you look like a hussy. Not cool. Try walking around with two large hams tied to your chest and you will change your mind. And quickly.
Anyway, I'm on a quest for the perfect bra. I have a candidate which I am going to try as soon as it arrives. I'm trying a bathing suit too by the same brand. So hopefully I'm about to make a brassiere breakthrough. I know. Heavy stuff. During my search I found the most wonderful site. Linda the Bra Lady. Could she say more? I doubt it. My favorite part of her site is the 'Search Bra Problem' where you can click your problem and find a remedy whether it be a new bra style or something entirely different. It was just nice to see that other people experience the bra malfunctions I do and that, maybe just maybe, there is a cure out there somewhere. Now I did not get one of the bras she suggested for my ailment...but I did find the candidate brand I am trying on her site. So we shall see. Yes, we shall.

Comments

Popular Posts