MRW: Eye Shadow Insurance

Makeup Review Weekend!! Or MRW!!
That's right. I know. You've been waiting ALL WEEK for this, haven't you? Well I won't make you wait any longer. Ok. Maybe a sentence or two more. I present this week's Makeup Review! This is a product I've been using for a little over a year...? No maybe even longer than that. I must admit, I first bought it simply because of the name. And I was very curious whether or not it really worked. Which is DOES. As I mentioned last week (click here to read), I have always had issues with eyeshadow creasing. But this stuff no joke WORKS. We all know we need car insurance, home owner's insurance, life insurance, and the list goes on. Well now there's SHADOW INSURANCE.
The product is called Shadow Insurance by Too Faced. You can find it at Sephora.
What it does, in a nutshell, is ensure that your eyeshadow does not crease. It is a cream that is applied to your lids before doing your eye makeup. Once it's on, apply eyeshadow and voila! No creasing. Now...keep in mind no product is perfect and your shadow will possibly crease after a LONG day of wear. But I've worn this for 5+ hours without any creasing. You gotta admit that's impressive. And here I thought they were just trying to snag you with a catchy name!
The whole idea of "Shadow Insurance" has lead me to try a few other kinds of this type of product. I still really like this particular brand/kind and highly recommend it. And remember...you only need a little bit so this thing, although $17 for a tiny bottle, lasts you forever. Yes. Forever. I've had mine for over a year and I've barely dented the tube. I can see this being a long and happy relationship...

Comments

Popular Posts