Spammity Spam

I have no idea why but every day this week I've had a craving for a specific, completely random food. Today is a spam dog. Why? I haven't a clue. But a spam dog sounds SO good right now. Yesterday's was fish and chips (or maybe that was the day before). Sadly I have neither spam nor fish and chips and am too committed to my job to run out and grab either in my feverish uncontrollable hunger. I wish I could remember the third thing I was craving...it was equally random but less disturbing. I'm sure of it.
I know this country thinks spam is disgusting. I do and don't. I am straddling the line on that one. Mainly because many of my fellow Asians eat a lot of spam and put it in a lot of food. So I do know how it can be prepared to be tasty (fried rice mmmmmmmmmm). But then I also see the other side of it: pink, unidentifiable pudding meat? Hmm. On the other hand, spam isn't that much different from normal ol' fashioned hot dogs, no? More hmm.
One thing spam has going for it that a normal hot dog does not: an entire Monty Python sketch dedicated to just it. You really can't beat that. Sorry.

Comments

Popular Posts