Deathly

I'm finished. The entire Harry Potter series. I'm in sort of shock about it. But happy. So happy.
The last book was everything I hoped for and more. I wondered how someone could write a finale that would make everyone happy. And this is definitely it. I wouldn't change a thing. In fact...while reading it, I cried three times. I won't give any spoilers. But...I will say it was awesome and it is by far one of the best series I have ever read. EVER. It ranks up there with The Chronicles of Narnia. And I do not rank things with The Chronicles of Narnia easily. In fact, I never have. This is definitely a first. After finishing it, I found myself not knowing what to do with myself last night. I rummaged through other books I had bought and intended to read...and I'm sure I will. But in a way I didn't feel ready to move on from Harry Potter. I wanted to savor the ending and just appreciate it. I was also feeling the tugging of my heart toward my own book, whispering to get ON with it and write my little heart out already. I think I need to give some good quality time to my writing as I've put it on hold for Harry Potter. My mind is clear once more...
Thank you J. K. Rowling for a masterpiece of a series. You have earned your spot in literary history and I applaud you heartily.

Comments

Jules AF said…
I loved the last book in the series. Sigh.

Popular Posts