Unexpected Author

On our road trip home from our Florida vacation, I took the wheel for a few hours and told John to entertain me. I had brought along with us a journal he had kept in Iraq and he asked if he could read part of it to me. I was eager to hear what he had written as I hadn't had the chance to read any of it myself. The journal solely consists of the translant trip itself to Iraq. During his time in Iraq, he never had a free moment to journal. But he wrote several pages about his trip and began reading them to me as I drove and I was captured by every word. My husband, as it turns out, is quite the little writer! He has wonderful ways with words that I don't think he even realizes and I truly enjoyed hearing him read about the beginning of his deployment in detail (John is very detailed...if you don't believe me, simply ask him a question. Any question will do but extra points if its political, financial, or historically related. And prepare to sit back and listen for the next, oh, hour and a half...and you know I adore you, John). Now if I could only convince him to start a blog...maybe a few co-written blogs will have to suffice.

Comments

Popular Posts