Infectious Eyes

So I went to the doctor yesterday on my lunch break to get my eyes checked out. They seemed a very small percentage better but not enough to make me convinced they'd clear up completely on their own. I also noticed a giant red "wound" in the upper white of my right eye. Lovely. Furthermore, my throat has continued to get worse. It doesn't feel too horrible this morning but it did yesterday. I saw the eye doctor (not my regular one but the other doctor at the clinic I go to) and apparently...my sore throat and eye infection is all connected! I had a nagging feeling this was the case but wasn't really sure. I have a viral infection that is highly contagious (sorry John...no more kissing). "Wash your hands, wash your hands, wash your hands," he emphasized. He gave me some drops to take for a week and said that they would feel better by tomorrow (which they do, thank goodness) but the sore throat would have to run its course. Frankly, I don't mind at all. As crummy as I felt, having my eyes cleared up makes all the difference in the world. I am no longer flooding my eyes with drops and pausing what I'm doing to put scalding hot wash clothes across my face. I can handle a sore throat. Burning eyelids, I cannot. So, in short, I am on the mend and I adore my eye doctor clinic. Makes me laugh at how far I've come from my last eye doctor. Read about it here. I find it quite humorous to read about now and remember...but at the time it was very concerning. (Yeah, I know, now you REALLY want to read it!) And let me add this (once you've read it). My eye doctor commented in passing when checking out my old glasses that I have astigmatism in one of my eyes and my previous glasses were not prescribed for that. I responded by giving her the look (you know, the one you give drivers that unknowingly cut you off while chatting on a cellphone and putting on lip gloss) and informing her that I was not at all surprised as the last clinic I went to was...for lack of a better term...ghetto. The found that pretty funny.
Tonight, my painting 'The Pink Lady' is going up for auction. I am going to the auction. I don't care how bad my sore throat hurts. I paid for my tickets and I am dragging John with me, no matter how groggy/tired/sick we are. Each group contributing auction items chooses 2 silent auction choices and I was informed my painting was chosen as one of the silent auction items. SO excited about it. Should be a good time.
Hope your weekend is fabulously relaxing and yet still productive. I'm looking forward to some good painting time...you?

Comments

sokaley said…
And was the silent auction everything you wanted and more?!

Popular Posts