Sherlock LIVES

This visit to Washington has brought with it a theme. I'm not sure about anyone else but sometimes my days have themes...or periods of time have themes; a running repeating reminder or...something. It's actually quite fascinating. This Washington-visit's theme was "known strangers." I have run into and seen more people that I know...but don't REALLY know well enough to be like "HEY! How've you been, what's-your-name?" So it's been a huge series of me going "Oh!..." and staring with pointed finger and then quickly retreating as naturally as possible to not be noticed and labeled a creeper (one of my newest favorite terms...because they're evvvverrrryyyywwwwhhheeerrreeee). It's been both frustrating and humorous. Here are a few:
Sherlock Holmes: Yes. THE Sherlock himself that I witnessed blogs and blogs ago here, here, here, and here. He revealed himself three times to me (that came out TOTALLY wrong...oy vey. lol.) since I've been back. He's changed. As you may notice from the photo. Doesn't look very Sherlocky, eh? But I could see behind the disguise. Trickery, trickery. Seems a bit more weathered and less jolly than before. I mentioned this to Damien and he suggested that maybe he's trying to change his appearance before the Sherlock Holmes movie comes out. Touché.
Noodle: While working at the bank, there was a guy whose real name I cannot remember who worked at Subway and he would bring in their deposits sometimes. His nickname was Noodle. I found myself seated next to Noodle at the movie theatre. But I could not for the life of me remember his real name (RON) and was NOT about to say "NOODLE!! HOW ARE YOU??" And he didn't seem to recognize me so...fail.
Crumbs: A former coworker from mywedding.com that we affectionately (and sometimes not so affectionately) referred to as "crumbs" due to his ability to eat A LOT and the fact that he left lots of crumbs everywhere he went (or would leave a plate of cookies that a coworker made completely empty minus a few crumbs). When he left us, he left behind drawers full of dirty dishes and rotting food. Niiiiiice. I saw him at Barnes and Noble but he did not recognize me.
Emily: I came to work and was introduced to yet another of my former bank customers Emily! Weirdest thing ever to suddenly be coworkers! I always really liked Emily and thought she was nice at the bank so having her as a coworker now is awesome. Still don't really know her well but I think she fits in well with the group.
Your Cousin's Ex's Former Teacher's Girlfriend's Goddaughter's...etc: This particular person keeps popping up in my life randomly and I've never reaaaally met her I don't think. But I ran into her at the gas station (before my movie night with Noodle) and was just kinda dumb-founded cuz...I used to see her everywhere and poof! There she was. But of course she has no idea who I am. Do I sound like a crazed stalker? Kinda. BUT...these people all just appear in my life! I can't help it if I see them everywhere.
Unknown Waitress: I went to dinner with my friend Ashley and she knew our waitress...and I KNOW I also knew our waitress. But from where or how or through who I have NO idea. I told her so and she said I'd probably think of it in the middle of the night some time. And I know I will.
The one person I have NOT seen who I have been looking out for is...
Indian Guy: Indian Guy is someone I've seen consistently for probably 3 or 4 years. Gretchen and I both saw him consistently. His usual haunts were Barnes and Noble (coffee section primarily), the gym in Poulsbo, and we saw him at the Seattle Sephora once. He talked to me once but usually we just saw him places and we have no idea if he's noticed seeing US everywhere too. On my birthday, Gretchen txted me that he appeared at Barnes and Noble. I hoped he'd appear somewhere while I was home but sadly I never saw him.
These are just a few examples. I've had several other run-ins with these unknown people I sorta know and it's just been very...surreal. But fun. I was wondering if I'd see Sherlock again and I'm pleased I did. It's one of the things I miss most in NC. Having the regular characters to watch from my window. Meg commented that it would be creepy if I saw Sherlock from my window in NC...since he'd have to be walking in my yard. True true.
So there you have it.
It's New Years Eve today and I'm hoping for a year full of interesting characters to observe......not really but hey...one harmless one would be nice. Wishing everyone a Happy New Year! I will be spending mine in a limo. :)

Comments

Popular Posts