Screening

I had a whole list of things I needed to get done after work yesterday. Four hours after I got off work, I found myself still on the computer, drooling slightly. So I FINALLY peeled myself away, already realizing that running my errands would be impossible now that it was too late. I decided instead to tackle screening my windows. I have two vertical windows on either side of my front door. I've been wanting to put some sort of screen film up (like...it just sticks to the glass...) for awhile cuz it's just kinda weird that strangers at my front door can look into my house. The same for my garage. My garage door has a giant window in it and you can simply look into my garage to see what kind of car I have...or if I'm home or not. I thought about doing it Sunday night but then I started reading the instructions to the screen stuff I got and suddenly it didn't seem like such a simple task anymore. It was calling for at least two pairs of hands (which it conveniently left off the cover of the box, making it sound like the simplest task ever...riiiiiggghhhhttttt) sometimes calling for THREE as well as some mysterious 'application solution' that the kit didn't come with. I did some research online and one person said you could just use baby shampoo diluted in water. MY question is this: WHY? If it's STICKY already, WHY are we spraying it with baby shampoo water? I just am missing something. They just made it super complicated. The person online who made the suggestion said overall they were not impressed and would be removing them once they sold their house. Well I finally just said screw it and decided to put the screens up WITHOUT the precious 'application solution' OR baby shampoo. I would just old-school it. Minutes later I found myself with my cellphone in my neck and a spatula in hand, smoothing out the bubbles in my new screened windows. Sure, they didn't turn out ABSOLUTELY FRIGGIN PERFECT...but they look fine and guess what? Creepy strangers can officially no longer look into my living room. Now I just gotta do the garage door window. I already know that one is going to be a task and a half since it's bigger and more obnoxious. But whatever. I'll deal.
I'm fighting off a cold thing. I randomly bought some zycam and cold stuff like cough drops at the store the other day because I just had this FEELING I'd need some soon and I have nothing in my house. Then two nights ago, POOF! Started feeling sick. I'm using the zycam spray which I've never used before. Always used the tablet things. But this seems to be working just as well. Which makes me happy. I don't want to be sick.

Comments

Popular Posts