Baggage

It feels as if it's been a decade or so since I last blogged. Even though it hasn't been THAT long. It's been busy.
I started actually packing and wrapping Christmas presents last night. After wrapping about 800 CD's and packing my suitcase, I realized I would need a larger suitcase. My suitcase was FULL and I didn't even have all the presents packed yet. SO up to the bonus room I went and fetched the large suitcase. Now it's feeling rather ridiculous...but it is STILL barely fitting everything. It will be nice when I come home minus all the presents. (Although my mom keeps reminding me I'll have presents to take come too but hopefully not as many as I brought!) I'm definitely feeling overwhelmed about all this. I have traveled enough to know how to pack things flawlessly so they are all padded and nothing will break. But there's just too much to pack and I don't want to pay for TWO suitcases when I'm only going home for 2 weeks and you have to pay for any sort of luggage these days. I keep remembering things I still need to pack. Like say...clothes...toiletries...my computer...and the big question is whether to bring my big camera. I really wanted to...in fact, I planned to take some portrait shots of my cousin. But I just seriously am not sure if it will fit anywhere. Which makes me feel kind of sad.
But what am I saying? I've been flying since I was 9 months old. I've mastered the art of packing since I was 4. I can sleep in anywhere and feel more at home in most airports than people's homes. I can make an elephant fit in a tupperware container. I WILL make this all fit. And you know what? Nothing is going to break or leak. Because I rock. Booyah.

Comments

Popular Posts