Once, Twice...Thrice as Nice

As promised, a DEEP blog about meaningful lyrics. *wink*
So somehow I *forgot* to write about this. Even though my heart was threatening to leave my chest with its hyperactive beating and my arms stood on edge with goosebumps. How I forgot, I haven't a clue.
Thrice is my latest inspiration.
Over the weekend that I saw Brand New (FOREVER AGO), Thrice opened for them, as I've mentioned before. But what I didn't mention was after. A few days ago I decided to listen to some more Thrice. I'm not familiar with them all that much (at all) and wanted some Thrice education as I was quite impressed with them at the concert. I enjoyed what I heard on their myspace page (one of the only reasons I keep my myspace account...band stalking) and I started to read their lyrics. And then BAM. Smacked in the face. The lyrics were so friggin, friggin profound, I couldn't stand it. Although they are not a "Christian" band, the lead singer of Thrice is a Christian and often writes about his faith and quotes a lot of C.S. Lewis. And I am a huge, huge, huge C.S. Lewis fan. I'm also a huge profound lyric fan. So...put them together and I am one happy camper.
Another huge plus: I love the Beatles and they did their own rendition of "Helter Skelter" at the concert. I was pretty darn stoked. So check them out. Look below. Oh yeah and look up some of their lyrics. Blatant.

Comments

Popular Posts