The Show of Air

This past Saturday I had committed to volunteering at the airshow taking place on base. John and I both volunteered for the same time slot so that when we were finished we could walk around and enjoy the airshow a bit afterward. I manned (man-handled) the Q-3 squadron booth selling patches, T-shirts, stickers, etc. etc. Who could refuse a patch from this face?
John "got to" stand out by the Prowler and answer questions as people checked it out. They had called for thunderstorms all day but thankfully the weather was very on and off and so the sun wasn't death-defying and the rain wasn't overwhelming. I got to see some pretty darn awesome aircraft and acrobatics. Lookie/Clickie here. It was definitely an awesome experience. But my main goal was to see the Prowler in action (above). We almost didn't get a chance...but at the last minute we decided to stay longer and I got to take some up-close-and-personal pics of the Prowler on display as well as oogle at the Prowler in the airshow.
(John just informed me that the term "aircrafts" is incorrect. It's "aircraft" even if it's plural. Who knew. I think it sounds better with an "s." So deal.)
So pretty much a great weekend. John's dad come down to visit and checked out the airshow with us which was fun.
In other news, we officially got our FIRST set of curtains up. I am...so stoked. Don't they look nice? Only 7 windows to go. Hehe...

Comments

Popular Posts