Better Together

Having some extra company during the days has been nice. I am beginning, this week, to feel the strain the military creates on marriages. The need to be close but the inability. The unnecessarily early mornings and later evenings without each other. The desire to just share a conversation but the consuming exhaustion that ensues after our very full days. John is snoring more lately which he never does unless he is beyond the point of exhaustion. And his snoring keeps me awake which puts me beyond the point of exhaustion. So we're in a constant state of tired. I find myself looking forward to June 5th-7th, our first scheduled time-off-together for awhile. This weekend is the airshow and John's dad visiting. Next weekend is Memorial Day and John's mom and stepdad Mark come to visit. The weekend after that...not sure. But it seems like time is so scarce together. The kitty's company definitely helps though. I know they will help much more when John is gone for long periods of time.
I miss you. We're better together.

Comments

Popular Posts