Behind the Curtain

Today I did something I've never done before. I drilled a curtain rod into a wall and hung my bonus room curtains. I don't think I've ever drilled anything before...but John was on duty on base and I found myself aching to do something productive. Most of the remaining boxes require furniture (books, etc.) so I made myself useful the best I could and put away laundry, cleaned the kitchen, put away dishes, took out the trash, etc. etc. But it wasn't enough. Deep down I wanted to hang my darn curtains upstairs. I wanted to drill like I never drilled before...because I literally never have. But I have a pretty good understanding of tools (John is ever impressed with my ability to use tools as well as the fact I have my own tool box) and thought...what the heck? I followed the instructions and aside from a few minor heart attacks and some quick saves (thank you google), I think it went quite well. I now have curtains in my bonus room. And I'm stoked about it.

Comments

Grumpy Groom said…
Congratulations! I had a home-improvement (actually, it was an apartment-improvement) moment today too. It involved removing a big hair clog from the shower drain. It was a small but triumphant victory.
Hey! That is a huge accomplishment. Hair clogs MUST be stopped. Evil buggers.

Popular Posts