Road to New Bern...Day 8

"Every adventure comes to an end...or does it?"
This morning we found ourselves accidentally dressing alike. I know, I know. Now everyone thinks we're THAT couple.
Today was the day. The last day of our road trip and the first day in our new home: New Bern, North Carolina. We got up and ate breakfast at the hotel and, as if living out the movie Ground Hog's Day, found ourselves once more face to face with some Hokies just like the day before. I dreamt about the Poulsbo Pirate, a barnacle-y little man in Poulsbo that used to sit outside a local coffee shop and sing sea shanties and yar-she-blows type songs. I don't really remember what the dream was about but he was in it. As we approached New Bern, we agreed.
"It doesn't feel like we're going to New Bern."
"Yeah, it feels like we're going to Silverdale."
The road to new bern was flat, warm, and full of beautiful scenery. After awhile I stopped taking pictures...I knew I'd have plenty of time to capture them as I grew to call this place home.
After taking pictures of as many "New Bern" signs as I could, we finally found ourselves face to face with it. My first words were "I love it here" and I haven't changed my mind yet. The downtown along the water reminds me of Vermont and Poulsbo at the same time. Except much older than Poulsbo. Next year, New Bern will celebrate its 300th birthday. Now that's something to celebrate. Our first day there after an amazing lunch full of giddy smiles and sweet tea, we met with our Realtor Darlene and drove around New Bern, exploring the different neighborhoods to get a feel for the area.
"What you thinkin' about?"
"Pictionary."
"Really? I thought you'd say 'I can't believe we're in NC getting a house.'"
"Nope...pictionary."
What can I say...I have a unique thought process.
We couldn't have arrived on a warmer, more beautiful day. And we haven't looked back yet. The road trip was...well...a trip. But we're ready to be home...and start our adventure as New Bern Residents.
11 more days until John comes back.
13 until we close on our house.
14 until we move in.
*Cross your fingers*

Comments

Popular Posts