Protection

The subject of protection has arisen.
The other night I had the opportunity of meeting a few more of the Marine Wives. It was for a bookclub which was fun even though I hadn't read the book. But as I've talked to other wives, I've realized every military wife I've met has at least one dog. And the reason is security while their husbands are away. Companionship too, of course. But protection is a huge reason.
I've found myself looking at dogs online and cooing (I loathe that word) over puppies at Petsmart. Summary: I've gotta watch myself or I might find myself with a little fur ball one of these days without realizing it.
The more I think about it...I think a dog would be a good idea. I'm staying with my friend Jen and she has a dog named Rex. Rex is an Olde English Bulldog and I cannot explain how safe I feel with him in the house. After one or two nights under Jen's roof, I understood why these wives keep dogs. It just makes such a huge difference. But it also makes life more complicated. If you want to go anywhere, especially for long periods of time, you gotta consider the dog. So...I'm kinda torn at the moment. If you asked me a week ago, I would have said WE MUST GET A DOG PRONTO. But now...I just want to get into our house, get settled...and then think about it. Kittens come first. Just because.

Comments

robyn said…
kittens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Popular Posts